search based on destination users.

• 8 December 2006
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
Hi,
I have a specific business requirement whereby I have to search for process instances based on the destination users for those folios. The search is irrespective of the fact that the process is assigned to the user performing the search or not. Now, since one user is not able to see the process instances that are not assigned to him, I am using K2Mng API for the search. Also since the destination user for a process instance is not visible in the Manager Login, I have used a process data field which keeps on updating itself as per the destination user. This logic has been implemented in a server event after each activity in the process. However, if someone redirects a process instance from one user to another using the K2 Service manager, the server event is not called, and hence my process data field is not updated with the latest destination user. Is there a way whereby I can update the process data field even when the process instance is redirected? Or is there a way to get the destination user in the Manager Login, so that this funda of maintaining the process data field for the destination user itself is eliminated.

Any pointers to the solution will be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Regards,
Raghavendra B. Nayak

1 reply

Badge +9
K2MNG should allow you to do this. Specifically, look at the GetWorkListItems method (SourceCode.K2Mng.K2Manager.GetWorkListItems). This permits you to programmatically search by a number of parameters, one of which is Destination (which is actually the DomainUsername of the person).

Since it is K2MNG, you'll need to connect with K2 Server Admin credentials.