How can I duplicate fields to another panel that would be hidden for manager only?

• 10 November 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge

I created a form for our analysts to enter information based on their review of an item.  The manager would like to QA the work done by analyst.  However, he doesn't want to scroll through all of the fields in the form. He only needs certain fields to QA, approve and comment.  Is it possible to duplicate fields in another panel that will give the information the analyst entered just for the manager to look at?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello,

It is possible, but I think duplicating data on the same form isn't maybe the best approach.  Only because you'd have to store double the data for these columns.   Why not create a workflow that send the manager a task, and the task form itself can contain the field you would like them to review?   Therefore you could customize the form to the manager's liking and use the power of built in tasks approve/reject functionality.

Thanks,

Mike

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

PS:  If you really want to do it on the  same form you could always use "calculated" field controls and just have them in a separate panel visible to the manager.  I still like the task approach, but this would work as well.