Split multiple data column in sharepoint list

• 5 April 2022
  • 1 reply

I created a SharePoint list for the purpose of creating  a training request.  Managers submit a request for one or multiple new hires to receive training via a Nintex form. 

If there is a change with one of the new hires (example-delay is start date) we cannot update the line to reflect the updated start date if the line of date belongs to multiple new hires. Causing us to manually create a new line.  To keep it easy for the managers we would like to create a workflow that will split each new hire to a new SharePoint list row with duplicating data 

Simple example:

22579iA4365084C0798520.png

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Zulvey ,

I would suggest to create an hidden previous associate/s field you would update within the form when associate/s is changed. The workflow will be triggered when the associate/s changed and duplicate the request for any associated that has been removed from the associate/s field (comparing with the previous). In the meantime, I would probably think on how to get the others information updated (start date for example) from the manager ? 

You could also use the versioning on the list to get the change instead of creating a new hidden field but you will need to implement API call within the workflow to get the last version and changes as there's no action for that and it will not more performant.