Configuring other ’ OOF settings using Smartforms

• 23 September 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

Hi Mates

I hae n requirment where we need to configure OOF of user. so we hae provide the interface in Smartforms so user can configure his own OOF.

Could you please let me know how i can configure this or what options available for this

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi Niks,

K2 uses many tables in the database for the OOF feature:

1- Server.Actioner

2- Server.ActionerShare

3- Server.ActionerShareWorkType

4- Server.WorkTypeShare

5- Server.WorkTypeInstance

6- Server.WorkTypeExceptionInstance

7- Server.WorkTypeException

there could be more table that Im not aware of.

there is a relation between all of the tables, I can suggest to have a look at them and them and then add OOF user in the workspace then take a look at the  tables and see how it's configured, Im pretty sure there is a stored procedure that k2 uses to update those tables, Im not aware of this SP.

When you add OOF user, K2 updates the Actioner table by changing the User status from NULL to 1 and inserts records in the other tables according to your input, I think if you refer to a K2 consultant will help you in this, it's a bit complicated and not easy.

Note: it's not recommended to mess in K2 DB.

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Niks

Have a look at the Workflow Management Service on the K2 Market. It has methods that allow you set OOF. It may need some code tweaking to achieve exactly what you are after. I would recommend using a service like this rather than fiddling about in the database.

If you use this service you will probably need  to set the authorisation for the service instance to the K2 Service Account so that it can perform actions a normal user cannot.