smartforms: List View - Enable list editing - is this a bug?

• 22 September 2015
  • 8 replies

Badge +7

we created a View of smartobjects - List View and setting set to Enable List Editing

but unfortunately it generates a lot of blank rows instead of just one or two making it impossible for users to view Column title while adding new row

please check screenshot of same as i am not able to fix it

P.S. - If i change to "Enable Paging with 2 items per page"Check box, it works smoothly, but dosent add let users to generate new row with textbox at bottom

16392i3A7DAF61DB78D90B.png

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi priya

As you have discovered if you make a list view editable then you cannot use paging. The list will be as long as there are rows of data.

If you need to paginate and edit the list, then look at using a popup subview to add a new row or edit an item. You can open a subview on the click or double click event, or on a toolbar click. To edit an item you can pass the Id of the item to the subview and do a read, or just pass the values straight into the controls. When you do a save event on the subview you can then refresh the list after you have saved the item. If you need further detail on how to achieve this let me know.

Badge +7

Thanks Andrew,

i will give this a try.

Badge +7

But i do have a question

why is it generating blank rows?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

I think you have data in your list but the column mappings are wrong.

what version of K2 are you using?

Check the following thread:

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/K2-SmartForms-List-View-required-fields/td-p/56911/page/4

Badge +7

i recently installed 4.6.10 version for blackpearl and smartforms

As this is a New Request Form, This ID has not been created in smartobject yet, so we cannot getlist for same.

listview is used because, Our User wanted to add New Request Detail in Gridview style rows and so we decided to use ListView to add new rows

please see image for a clear understanding (Request detail View)

now the only thing i wonder is if there is no data in smartobjects with this ID, it should not generate empty rows

12948i0934A448A89362E8.png

Badge +10

If you are using the default List method then I believe it will just list everything in that database. Because as you said there is no ID and as far as the list method is concerned you have passed nothing as its blank. Please count the number of rows in the list view and the number of records in that table. If what i think is is happening is correct the numbers should match.

Hope that helps

Badge +7

s0m3one,

yes that could be a possibilty, though the blank rows in New Request Form is 33 Rows and database has 149 rows, but i still feel this is the reason, let me try to find how to fix this issue.

Badge +7

S0m3one,

Thanks and Done..

As you suggested the root cause, i added a filter, and Voila, no more blank Rows in request Form

Thanks a ton :)

14411i522DB1A9572F0325.png