Color Formatting for Calculated Value Control

• 3 February 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Hi Everyone,

Please I need help applying color change to a calculated value control. I want the color of the control to change based on the calculated value.

I tried using the rules. the color change appears on the control but does not go beyond the text area.  

I tried an alternative method of putting the calculated control in a panel, and then applied the rule to the panel. The result was almost the same.

Any ideas?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Maybe try utilizing some jQuery? So that once the rule changes the form jQuery does the rest?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi Frank Mendes‌!

This is interesting - I ran a test using some simple filler data:

Here's my Calculated Value - just an IF statement looking at the radio buttons I placed above. Is it Red? Cool, display "Red". If not, display "Green".

198351_pastedImage_2.png

As you can see, I also extended the "walls" of my Calculated Field well beyond the text. Then, I created a rule on the Calculated Field itself -- "Am I green?", it asks itself. If it is, it formats to have a green backfill.

198350_pastedImage_1.png

Now .. my experience isn't matching yours, as you can see. I have a beautiful nuclear green square, fully filled.

So I can only assume we're doing SOMETHING different here. What might it be? Do you see anything?

Cheers,

Rhia

Badge +3

Thanks for your response Rhia. 

I did exactly the same thing. Except that I set the Fill  color for the calculated value to yellow in the formatting section at the top panel of nintex. I will check to see if this changes my result.

Badge +6

Hey Rhia Wieclawek‌,

I just had a look at the described problem by Frank Mendes‌ and found out why it works for you but not for him. The background color of your control still has the default color, but his control is colored yellow.

198322_pastedImage_3.png

When I now implement the described rules I get the following result:

198359_pastedImage_4.png

The formating rule obviously isn't applied on the column in which the text can be found :-(

For the moment I don't have an idea how to work around this.

Best regards,

Jan

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Oh man, that's interesting! I think I might play around that when I get home today....

Edit:

Alright, so, I see what you mean!

Here is the only way I seem to get around it at the moment (without code.. I am very pro-no/low-code...)

1. I created a rule that said, {Self} == "Normal" on my calculated value, and then set that formatting to what I wanted it to "normally" be.
  2. In my calculated value, I made a nested IF statement to say - hey - if what I'm looking at is null or empty, then, I must be normal! ... if that thing ISN'T null or empty, then heck, it's time to do some calculatin'. 

198360_pastedImage_1.png

This worked out for me, but I'm not sure of your precise needs. Let me know!

Cheers,

Rhia