The deleted datafield affect Report Generation

• 28 July 2011
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

hello,

we found the deleted datafield affect Report Generation, we Just creat a new report in K2 Workspace and try to view some data fields of target workflow instance. then it returned us an error message when viewing it:

"Column 'test1_Int32_ProcDataField' does not belong to table Rpt_K2WorkflowProject4_Process1."

K2WorkflowProject4 is our project name, and test1 is the datafield we have used to test, but it has been already deleted from the current workflow project. and we have many similiar datafields that we can not create them one by one again in the project.

could anyone please direct me the way to solve this?

Thanks,

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

One of the following methods can be applied in order to resolve this issue:

• In Process Designer rename the Data Field to the original value if renamed and DEPLOY the process.
  • Or recreate the Data Field in the Process Designer if it was deleted and DEPLOY the process.
  • Alternatively you will be able to access the values of those Data Fields in the Out of the Box Reports by browsing Process Overview  -> Process Instances -> Activity Instances -> Process Instance Data

refer to http://help.k2.com/en/KB001194.aspx

HTH

vernon

Badge +3

Hello, Vernon

Thanks for your suggestion

the problem is we can not recreate them, for some data fields, we just change their type. for example, they are prevously int, but now they are string. so we can not recreate them, because of the same name we are using;

could you please give me more details on :

Alternatively you will be able to access the values of those Data Fields in the Out of the Box Reports by browsing Process Overview  -> Process Instances -> Activity Instances -> Process Instance Data

it seems i can not open the KB you mentioned. the level of my account is not enough...

Thanks 

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Did not look at this in the sense of only changing the datafield type, but when changing datafields that is part of a deployed process and then you create reports based on this Workflow, the datafields are written to the SMO XML Property, ie: (Datafield_INT32_ProcessDataField) , So if you change the type then property name changes (Datafield_String_ProcessDataField)

Best advice I can give is to log a K2 support ticket to get this investigated and logged as a bug if found to be one. It is also always best to not go the route of deleting/renaming or changing the type of process level datafields when you have some instances that completed or is in running state using the previous configuration of the datafield.

You can however create a new report based on this process once deployed with the change and this report should not error, but it will not return the value for the datafield from the previous versions of the process unfortunately.

When looking at the Process Instance report, what is meant there is you can drill down to process instance level and still acquire the values for the datafields whether it was INT or String.

HTH

Vernon

Badge +3

hello, Vernon

Thanks for your explanation, we will try to open ticket.

you have mentioned

"When looking at the Process Instance report, what is meant there is you can drill down to process instance level and still acquire the values for the datafields whether it was INT or String."

can you please tell me how to acquire data field values in code for this way, i did not find what you mentioned "by browsing Process Overview  -> Process Instances -> Activity Instances -> Process Instance Data "

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Form there you can view and check the data values they should be there. The other option is to get the values via SMO. Browse to [K2 INSTALL DIR]Bin and open the SmartObject Service tester tool > All SmartObject. Execute the Process Data SMO with method List, in the input values as a test supply the datafield name (Data Name).

HTH

Vernon

Badge +3

Dear Vernon

that is exactly what i 'm looking for. Thank you very much !