Hide custom error message label on "new mode" startup

• 13 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

In my form, I added custom labels. These should be displayed when a field is empty. However, they are already displayed when the user creates a new form. How can I prevent these labels from being displayed when the user creates a new form?

What I've tried: I've created rules that hides the error message, except that it doesn't display if the field is filled in.

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

@georges619 wrote:

These should be displayed when a field is empty. However, they are already displayed when the user creates a new form.

This sounds like it is functioning as expected.

"Label should be displayed when field is empty." When you create a new form are not all the fields empty?

Badge +2
All the fields are empty when a new form is created. However, I don't want to display the error messages when the user creates a new form. I mean, you don't want to see error messages as soon as you create a new form.
Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Use Validation rules instead.
The message will only appear when the submit button is pushed and the field is empty.

If you do want to use your labels you will need to add additional logic.
Have a check box at the bottom of the screen that says I'm ready to submit. When the box is ticked your labels could appear if the field is empty.