Prevent duplicates in repeating section (responsive)

• 3 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +16

Using SharePoint 2019 on-prem and Nintex responsive forms, we have a repeating section with dropdown fields in each. We would like to ensure that the second etc. items in the repeating sections do not offer the value selected in the previous.

So options could be A, B, C, D, E, F, G

Item 1 in responsive form - A

Item 2 should only allow choices B, C, D, E, F, G. Select - G

Item 3 should only allow choices B, C, D, E, F 

and so on.

We have done this with JavaScript before on classic forms but for this requirement we need to keep the responsive forms. Does anyone have a way of achieving this?

@EuanGamble wondering if you might be able to hook me up with someone to help resolve this?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @cassymfreeman,

This functionality is not possible in Responsive Forms unfortunately.

Cheers,

Euan

@cassymfreeman Just curious how you accomplished this in Classic forms with Javascript.  I've sorted out how to remove the value from the last row's dropdown choices in the repeating section with javascript, but I was wondering if you sorted out how to add the value back if the user deletes a row. 

For example in your scenario, if user deletes Item1, how to ensure that the value "A" appears in Item2 and Item3 dropdown choices.

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Instead of removing the value that is already entered, just show a message in dialog that "this value is already selected", like prevent the users selecting already selected values.