Daily Timer

• 1 November 2010
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

All,

Using K2 BlackPoint I need to create a workflow that runs 1 x a day, every day.  Is there a way to do this and if so how?

Thanks!

Tom

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

One thing comes to mind here. Build the workflow as needed the maybe look at using an escalation to fire once daily that does a “go to” to the beginning of the process then it should run through again and wait on the escalation for the next day.

HTH

Vernon

Badge +6

There will be a UI for scheduling process in Process Portal with the next 4.5 update. You could wait for that.

Badge +2

Hello Community,

OK, I found a way to do this - here are the steps:

Step 1 - Timer - Set the Start Rule to Run in 23 Hours, 50 minutes, add a Create a List Item activity for a log

Line 1 - Create a Line to Step 2

Step 2 - Pause - Set the Start Rule to RUn in 10 minutes, add a Create a List Item activity for a log

Line 2 - Create a Loop back to Step 1

And that's it!  Now the Step 1 will wait 23 hours and 50 minutes to run, run, Step 2 will wait 10 minutes to run, run and loop back to step 1.  You now have a daily timer!

I hope that helps!

Tom Molskow

Badge +4

Hi tsmoslkow, quick question. Are you doing it by code? If yes, can you please share. 

If not, what events wizard are you using.

Thank you in advance.

Badge +10

Hi Krinavtm, the method tsmoslkow used would have worked, I'm sure but since that post K2 has added functionality to support scheduling of workflows.  This is available only inside of SharePoint utilizing a SharePoint K2 Process Portal site template.  Take a look at the following help documentation section:

Management and Administration > Process Portals Management > Using a K2 Process Portal > Process Management > Process Management - Scheduler

Hope this helps.

Tim

Badge +4

Thank you TimKn, it works for me!