Smart Object Services Tester Tool

• 15 June 2009
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

What would cause the Smart Explorer to show individual nodes for smart objects, but not their child node methods?

Below the Services Explorer folder, I can see the User Role Manager Service for example. Below that the URM Service

and below that Grou, Label and User. These indicate the signature of the service type.

Below the Smart Object Explorer folder, the methods can be tested and executed for the above services. I have noticed

that the child nodes that displays the methods of the Smart Objects are not populated when the nodes are clicked.

The default All Smart Objects node is not even visible?? This will clearly list OOTB K2 methods and custom ones.

Does anyone have an idea? Clearly something went wrong with the config of the K2 Broker for all these Smart Object

methods, because they can not be viewed any longer, thus not tested from within the SO Tester Tool. This is strange

because their associate Service Objects are still present. Is there a location in the databases of K2 to reference and track

this problem in order to rectify it.

I am currently unable to select AD Groups from within the K2 Visual Studio Designer below the K2 label. Getting a URMService

exception error, duplicate key provided, Add Failed.

Any help much appreciated!

3 replies

Badge +5

Hi,

May i know what is this SO Tester Tool && where i can download this? OR is this comes along with k2 SDK??

THanks advance.

Badge +8

The tool is called the SmartObject Service Tester and can be found on your K2 Server itself at the following location:

<%K2_Install_Dir%>ServiceBroker

Badge

I find it in C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlBin folder.