What do I have to configure to get \Search query\"-Action working?"

• 8 January 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

Hello everyone and a happy new year,

I'd like to experiment with the "Search query"-Workflow Action in Nintex Workflows 2016 but when I open the dialog, I get this error message: 211950_pastedImage_1.png

I already looked up in the Nintex Configuration pages in the Central Administration and for manuals in the Nintex database but I didn't find a hint. Also the help for this dialog in general is more than poor... :-(

Frank Field Do you have any tech paper for me?

Can anybody help and give a hand what I have to setup to remove the errormessage and get the current managed property list?

Greetings from Nuremberg

Ricky

3 replies

Badge +5

Thanks to our database admin we found out that it is necessary to give owner-permissions on the search-database to the service account for the webapplication. The error has been fetched in the trace-log so we got a clue where to look:

SqlError: 'Cannot open database "SP_DEV_F1_Service_Search" requested by the login. The login failed.'

211991_pastedImage_1.png

After setting this permission, the dialog works like desired:

211992_pastedImage_2.png

Badge +6

db_owner must be overkill. There's a role defined in the database just for that: SPSearchDBAdmin. Quite likely a finer set of permissions like db_datareader would also work.

Badge +5

db_datareader didn't work but changing the permission from db_owner to SPSearchDBAdmin like you said did the trick. Thanks a lot!