Contact Selector in InfoPath form "Untrusted Site" error

• 24 July 2009
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi all,

Trying to identify whether this problem is primarily an InfoPath problem or a K2 problem:

I have an InfoPath form with a Contact Selector.  When I click the "To..." button to open the address book, it gives the error "This action cannot be performed for untrusted sites.  To use Find, you must add his site to the list of trusted sites for your Web browser."  The only relevant sites, which are in the Trusted Sites list in IE, are a SharePoint Site Collection, and a K2 Blackpearl server (the standard K2 101 VPC configuration). 

The contact selector functions properly when used OUTSIDE of the K2 process (i.e., from windows explorer or SP Form library), but if I open from the K2 Worklist, INSIDE of the process, I receive the error. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

-Erik

2 replies

Badge +3

Erik,

As you found in this post: http://blogs.msdn.com/infopath/archive/2007/02/28/using-the-contact-selector-control.aspx

The problem is due to the fact that the xml is launched from the user’s local cache, which is NOT a trusted site, thus making the contact selector un-usable.

I believe this may be able to be resolved by publishing the form to SharePoint.  In your case, we had a limitted set of allowed users in a SharePoint list.  So, we used a SmartObject connected to that list to fill a drop down instead.

Badge +4

Rob-

Was there ever a solution to this issue?

Mike Trouard