Updating Multiline Textbox using JavaScript not working in IE11 on NF 2.9.1.20

• 30 June 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

We are facing a very serious issue since upgrading to the latest version of Nintex Forms

There's a Multiline Textbox in our forms which are hidden using CSS class (Visible and Enable values are true in the control settings) and the control is connected to the list column

The control has a CSS Class of : hidden-control form-approver-summary

And using Javascript on submit the below code gets called

NWF$(".form-approver-summary textarea").val("");

try {

if (typeof (generateFormSummary) == typeof (Function)) {

var summary = generateFormSummary();

NWF$(".form-approver-summary textarea").val(summary);

}

} catch (e) {

NWF$(".form-approver-summary textarea").val("");

}

When the form is submitted the content of the summary variable should be populated to the connected column.

The above isn't working in IE11 after the upgrade.

There are no exceptions on the IE11 console. When I place a breakpoint on the above code and try to query the value using NWF$(".form-approver-summary textarea").val(), it display the value currently stored in the column but when some edits are done, the summary variable shows the updates, but doesn't get stored into the column.

Since the organization's standard browser is IE11 need to get it working in IE11.

The above script works perfectly in the below versions and browsers

2.9.1.20 : Mozilla Fire Fox and Google Chrome

2.5.0.0 : All Browsers

Please help, I am not sure what am I missing. We have around 21 forms which use this logic, the release of the upgrade stuck because of this.

1 reply

Badge +2

It looks like if you provide a JavaScript variable name for the multiline control in the Nintex Forms designer, then you can get and set the text using NWF$('#' + varJavaScriptClientId + '_inplacerte').text();

So the difference from a normal single line text box is that you need to append _inplacerte to the client ID given by Nintex.