K2 4.5 Client Event option “Allow any user to finish this client event” still available?

• 19 October 2010
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Prior to upgrading to version 4.5, there was a checkbox option in the client event wizard that was supposed to allow any user to finish the event. The documentation reads as follows:

Allow any user to finish this client eventEnabling this check box allows any user to complete the Client Event (i.e. The event no longer needs to be exclusively completed by the Destination User)Check the Allow any user to finish this client event check box if any user is allowed to complete the Client Event

This checkbox no longer appears in the wizard and I haven't found an option to enable this type of functionality. My process needs to provide the ability for an administrator to be able to action certain events. I don't believe that adding the administrator to every activity as a destination user is a good solution. How can I accomplish this functionality if the option is no longer available?

2 replies

Badge +1

Thanks for your response. So far I have only been able to find the ability to set permissions at the process level. (i.e: Start / View / View Participate) 

Is there somewhere else in the workspace that will allow me to configure permissions at individual activity levels within the process?

Badge +5

Hi,

As Cyclops mentioned, you are able to set rights on actions at the activity level via workspace:  Management Console > Workflow Server > Processes > [Process] > [ActvityClientEvent] > Actions Available.  It will need to be a client event of some sort with actions.

Regards,
Frikkie