How to Impersonate user on Nintex Control

• 8 March 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Dear All,

I am very new to nintex and digging around to it's secret with my requirements (:

• We have requirement to allow the read only users to update the list of items either with "Bulk Edit" or "Single Item Edit" .
  • I see there is "ListView" nintex control and I want to use it for "Bulk Edit" by changing the "Read only" user permission to contribute on any button click and "Reset" the user to his permission ("Read Only") once task is done.

Can any one help me how can I do it  or is there any other possible way to achieve it.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

to allow the read only users to update the list of items

doesn't sound it to you contradicting?

is a user has just read only rights he/she can not change anything.

to be able to do so, he/she has to be granted sufficient permissions.

permissions are not matter of nintex, they are managed by sharepoint. the lowest level where sharepoint deals with permissions on is an item. so can not manage permissions on field or form control level. (with form rules you can only restrict "permissions"/allowed actions on for a control, eg. do not allow to edit, but you can not release/overrules stricter permissions to less strict)

I see there is "ListView" nintex control and I want to use it for "Bulk Edit" by

as the control's name implies it's designed just to view set of items, it doesn't allow changes.