XML error in workflow SmartObjects with InfoPath

• 24 November 2009
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

I'm having an issue with using Workflow SmartObjects when the workflow is integrated with InfoPath. Basically I'm using the SmartObject to start a workflow - when there's no InfoPath integration it works fine, but when it's integrated with InfoPath I get the following error:

==============================

"The query cannot be run for the following DataObject: deploytest_Process1_StartProcess

InfoPath cannot run the specified query.

The SOAP response indicates that an error occurred on the server: 

Server was unable to process request. ---> Message: XML parsing: line 1, character 38, unable to switch the encoding; ServiceName: WorkflowService; ServiceGuid: 12e28680-3377-4aae-98de-10d80fd728b0; InnerExceptionMessage: ;"

==============================

I get the same error from the SmartObject tester as well. I tried other workflows and the error is consistently the same - only the name of the SmartObject changes.

The error doesn't seem to affect the functionality - the workflow still starts correctly.

Anyone else ever seen this?

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

It is currently not possible to use the StartProcess SmartObject method on an InfoPath integrated process. The issue is resolved in the next major release of Blackpearl (4.5).

You can try using a proxy process (default process) and starting the InfoPath process in an IPC event.

Vernon

Badge +5

Thanks Vernon.