Multi Select Choice fields - filtering options offered from SharePoint field

• 21 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi,  I am very rusty at Nintex forms - the last time I did anything is maybe 2-3 years ago so please bear with me.

I have a SharePoint List.  In that list is a Choice Field with multiple selections.

This List has been up and running for years and there is considerable data in it.

There is a requirement for a new set of users to add their information to the data - for which some additional fields need to be created.  

I have created a new Content type for the "new users" to ensure that their fields are not filled in by the wrong people.  I have also created a new Nintex form for the new Content type.

One of the fields that needs to be filled in by both content types is a Choice field allowing multiple selections.  Lets say the permitted values are A,B,C,D,E (and these are set up in the SharePoint field.)

My problem comes when Content Type 1 should only be allowed options A,B,C

And Content Type 2 should only be allowed options D or E.

In Nintex forms how can I control the options that are displayed from the SharePoint Choice field.

Thank you

Catharine

1 reply

Badge +4
Hi Tulip,
I'm quite new to Sharepoint , but from my understanding you would need to create a rule for validation for the 2 Content Types, which would then filter the choices depending on who the user is.