How to copy the default columns values

• 11 March 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hello everyone,

I have a site WF runs everyday on a list that copies items which are modified 100 days ago to an archive list. This is an issue list, issues are logged by the clients. WF is working as expected, however I am facing the below issues

• Created By and Modified By values that are in the original list getting replaced by the person's name who is triggering the WF in the archive list.
  • Created By date & time and Modified By date & time values that are in the original list getting replaced by the WF run-time.

Is there a way to copy the original info (created & modified ) to the archive list.

Thanks in advance n have a great weekend happy.png

Cheers!

Shreedhar H V

4 replies

Badge +8

Perhaps you can find something good in this article..

Nintex Workflow - Move Documents and Preserve Version History - Vadim Tabakman

Badge +7

Hello Shreedhar,

In case if you want those fields data only for reference purpose, you can create 4 new fields on Archive List for original Created By, original Modified By etc; and update the information from source list to these new fields on Archive List.

I know this is a workaround, but try it if you don't have any issues with this approach.

Badge +3

Soni, thanks for the response!

I have tried updating the information using update item action. This is working but, it is copying the same info to all the items. Am I going wrong somewhere?

Cheers!

Shreedhar

Badge +7

Hello Shreedhar, Can you elaborate what you meant.