nchamid
Novice

Re: Make POST - Web Request on dropdown change event in Nintex Forms

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have small issue with these service calls, on page load all these calls are getting executed, even though the drop-down value is 'Select..'.

I tried to disable the controls, based on DD value, even they are getting executed. Is there a way to conditionally handle these calls ? My page is getting freeze, as all these calls are made at once.

Please assist, thanks.

0 Kudos
vadim_tabakman
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Glad you got it working!! 🙂

0 Kudos
cju
Scout

Jump to solution

Hi,

I think that this discussion is about the same problem as you mentioned :

https://community.nintex.com/community/tech-blog/blog/2015/10/27/nintex-forms-enterprise-sql-request...

Tell me if it helps you

0 Kudos
gunnarreyr
Novice

Jump to solution

Hi Nagarjuna

If you´ve found out the solution, that´s good, for any other users, hopefully this will help:

The trix is to have no whitespace between closing and open brackets. When you paste in your xml, always be sure that closing and opening brackets do not have space between them. You can fix that in notepad before paste-ing. Taking your xml from the xml formatting tool and paste-ing it into "Run now" will work for the first time. But when you run it again and then the actual form, the designer creates some mix-up in the markup.

For me, this works: <Item>Some value</Item><Item>Some value</Item>

This does not work:<Item>Some value</Item>   <Item>Some value</Item> 

So, paste your xml in the "Request Body" windows without any spaces.

charlesralston

Jump to solution

Hi Caroline Jung,

Not sure if you can help me or not.  I am trying to do something similar to what Nagarjuna was attempting to do (cascading drop down web request fields).  I have tried to filter on a field in both my web service URL and in the filtering options on the web request control as well.  If I type in the value I am trying to filter on in either of these steps, it filters the drop down field accordingly.  However, as soon as I point it to a field on the form (either another web request drop down or a text field with a default value, it returns 0 results.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Charles Ralston

0 Kudos
cju
Scout

Jump to solution

Hi Charles,

So what you mean is that a default value on a text field is not correctly taken into account when referencing this text field in the web request control. But it's OK when you manually change the value of the text field. Is that correct?

If so maybe you can use a calculated value which could reference the text field (if the text field is empty, set your default value) and use the calculated value control in the web request

0 Kudos