K2 Button issue...it won't run the click event!

• 1 December 2006
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +1
I have been given some code for a web application that is written using K2, C#.Net and a little javascript to tie some of it together. I have to admit that I have very limited experience with K2.

This web application works perfectly on my development environment however when it is installed onto a "live" environment some instances of a K2 button on a K2SmartForm stops working. It appears as though the button is not attached to any C# code at all (which it is).

I have a feeling that actually either the K2SmartForm is not set up properly to allow the button to run (it is enabled and appears to "click" on screen) or there is some property of the K2 button which is stopping it from working. There are no errors generated to suggest a problem at all, it simply does not run the code.

Could there be some K2 components that are not installed and causing this problem?

I would really appreciate any help that anyone can give me
Thanks in advance

Dave

1 reply

Badge +8
This can happen if you forget to copy the compiled .dll for the web application across to the production server as well when you copy the .aspx files to the production server. Maybe you copied the .dll for a previous build of the project, added some more pages and then copied the new pages to production but not the new .dll?