Request Approval Action not working on many list workflows

• 4 December 2014
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

Can anyone give me a clue as to why the Request Approval action isn't working in most of my list workflows (it still works in some places)?

It creates the approval task but when trying to approve I get a run time error.

Any help would be appreciated.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello Lexie,

with the current information I can only assume what the error is. Whenever you get a runtime error you should check the ULS logs or let your IT Department have a look to them. The ULS logs should contain the runtime error any may also point to the underlying error that causes the runtime exception.

Did you already check ULS?

Badge +4

Hi,

No it’s not resolved. There must be a setting somewhere on the subsite but I can’t work it out. I can create the Approval workflow but when I try to run it I get a runtime error. Approval workflows work fine on other subsites.

Any tips on where I could check would be much appreciated. ☺

Lexie Fall | YNet Projects

YMCA Victoria | 582 Heidelberg Road, Fairfield VIC 3078

T 03 9403 5115 F 03 9403 5100 M 0409 139 710

E lexie.fall@ymca.org.au<mailto:sammy.sample@ymca.org.au> W www.victoria.ymca.org.au<http://www.victoria.ymca.org.au/>

Please note: My workdays are Mon, Thurs & Fri 9am – 3pm and Tuesdays 9am – 5pm.

NOTICE: This communication is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please delete and destroy all copies immediately. If you are the intended recipient of this communication, you should not copy, disclose or distribute this communication without the authority of the author.

Any views expressed in this communication are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of YMCA Victoria.

Except as required by law, the YMCA does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.

If you have received this email in error or have other concerns regarding this transmission, please contact the author.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Maybe it's a problem with the connected workflow task list. Is the approval task created correctly in the workflow task list?

Can you create another task list and connect it to the workflow?

Badge +4

Hi again,

Below is the run time error. Does it provide you with any clues as to where my problem might be?

Any further help will be greatly appreciated.

1. System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException:
    <nativehr>0x8000ffff</nativehr><nativestack></nativestack>,
    StackTrace:    at
    Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFieldCollection.FetchFieldsFromWeb()   
    at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFieldCollection.EnsureFieldsSafeArray(Boolean bGetFullXML)   
    at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFieldCollection.get_IdDict()   
    at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFieldCollection.GetFieldById(Guid fieldId, Boolean
    bThrowException)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFieldCollection.get_Item(Guid
    id)     at Nintex.Workflow.ApplicationPages.DialogLoad.GetModerationStatusList()   
    at Nintex.Workflow.ApplicationPages.DialogLoad.Page_Load(Object sender,
    EventArgs e)     at
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()   
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,
    Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)     at
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,
    Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)     at
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()     at
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)   
    at
    System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()   
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean&
    completedSynchronously)     at System.Web.HttpApplication.PipelineStepManager.ResumeSteps(Exception
    error)     at
    System.Web.HttpApplication.BeginProcessRequestNotification(HttpContext context,
    AsyncCallback cb)     at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest
    wr, HttpContext context)     at
    System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationHelper(IntPtr
    rootedObjectsPointer, IntPtr nativeRequestContext, IntPtr moduleData, Int32
    flags)     at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotification(IntPtr
    flags)     at
    System.Web.Hosting.UnsafeIISMethods.MgdIndicateCompletion(IntPtr pHandler,
    RequestNotificationStatus& notificationStatus)     at
    System.Web.Hosting.UnsafeIISMethods.MgdIndicateCompletion(IntPtr pHandler,
    RequestNotificationStatus& notificationStatus)     at
    System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationHelper(IntPtr
    flags)     at
    System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotification(IntPtr
    flags)