Disable a Radio Button from the list?

• 26 July 2016
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

Can anyone suggest the best way to acheive this...

I have a Radio Button List containing 5 items.

I want to do a check in 5 different tables to checked if the current user has an entry in any of those 5 tables.

If the user does have an entry in any of the 5 tables, I want to grey out the Radio Button for that item (i don't want to remove it).

This is so that the user will be informed that they cannot select an item if they have already asked for it previously.

So is it possible to grey indivdual radio list items snd also put a message next to them saying "Already have access"...

I was thinking of using 5 seperate check boxes, but i think that will make the rules messy.

Which would be the easiest way to acheive the greying out of options and which CONTROL would be best to use for this?

Thanks

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Sharpharp1

You will need to use the "Radio Button" and "Radio Button Group" controls to do this. Add 5 radio buttons and a single Radio Button Group. In the Group property for each Radio Button select the name of the Radio Button Group: this will effectively make all radio buttons part of the same group so that only one is selectable (the way radio buttons should behave).

You can then enable/disable individual radio buttons as needed via rules.