can I review some design ideas for a complex workflow with technical a evangelist?

Badge +1

Hi

I have really complex workflow in place. Due to the size and the performance and some user requirements I want to make a big redesign. I want to split the workflow in two separated workflows and I want to outsource some actions in workflows which are started on new or ending tasks in the the workflow task list. The workflow is quite important and used very often. Since April it was started over 500 times an has generated over 6000 task. So I want to have some advice if the my redesign ideas are the right ones or if I run into some problems with performance or locked tasks.

Is somebody looking for that kind of challenge?wink.png

Thx in advance!

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Have you seen this? >>> Breaking up a large workflow, to split or not to split?

Badge +1

Hi Fernado,

thank you for the hint. I will definitely split the Workflow.

My bigger concern is about the concept of outsourcing tasks to a workflow which runs on task the are generated in the Workflow Task List. With this workflow I want to enrich some data on the task list item itself and perform some actions regarding the attachments. Is this feasible? Are there problems locked tasks? Is there a problem if several task are generate parallel and hence a lot of workflow on the workflow task list items will be started?

thanks for your helpĀ