Nintex Reminder, need to send reminder according to days left.

Badge +2

I have set a reminder on sharepoint list to remind 3,2 and 1 day before the due data, its runing perfectally but in case if item created today and due date is tomorrow then it will send 3 reminders instead of 1.

can someone help me on this...

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

could you put a Run If action and check if the calculated day is more or equal then Today, if the control is not passed, it will not execute the pause until and the send notification.

Does it work?

Giacomo

Badge +2

To get Today's date is also very tuff, can you please explain this further or any other work-around.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You can get Today's date as a reference in context (common, current date) or a default value in a variable.

I once used a site workflows to control notifications because of a highly calculated and specific date to be notified.The site workflow would poll the workflow task list each day and check if any tasks were still open and if the duedate/current date combo is the right time to send out a canned notification.

Badge +7

Hello Rizwan,

Create a site workflow and schedule it to run on daily basis. Inside the site workflow query the list items based on your required conditions. Get all these items IDs into a collection variable.

For each this ID's loop through and put if conditions (due date is greater than today or not if so check days difference - there is an inline function available for this: DateDiffDays).

If this difference is 3 or 2 or 1 send appropriate notifications.