llyehock
Scholar

How do I seek approval from repeating approvers field in Nintex form 2016 and Sharepoint 2016 on pre

I need to allow my users to add in repeating rows of approvers and to trigger workflows to each of this approvers to seek approval on a custom list. I am not able to access to the part 1 of this 2 part article https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-Workflow-Cloud/Part-2-Work-with-repeating-section-data-from-S...

Is there a quick solution instead of coding in xml and html ?

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Garrett
Communicator

Re: How do I seek approval from repeating approvers field in Nintex form 2016 and Sharepoint 2016 on

@JRoberts, can you check why Part 1 is not available? 

Part 1: Work with repeating data from SharePoint based Nintex Forms 

Access Denied

Garrett_0-1654755130276.png

0 Kudos
Garrett
Communicator

Re: How do I seek approval from repeating approvers field in Nintex form 2016 and Sharepoint 2016 on

Hi @llyehock 

1. Create the Form. Add a repeating section control. Connect the repeating section to a SPO 'multiple lines of Text' column - lets name it as ApproverList

You can use a People Picker control (easier for users) or a Short-Text control to store emails.

While the People Picker just display the names, it actually stores Login ID, Display Name, Email and the developer has to do more work to extract the email.     

Garrett_0-1654755799566.png

2. In Nintex Workflow, You need to extract the List of emails from the SPO column ApproverList.

Use the XML Query action. Save the result to a collection variable colResults.

The content of colResults is ("email1@a.com", "email2@a.com", "email3@a.com")

## How is the Approval Process? 

Serial or one-by-one using the Assign Task or

Serial or one-by-one or Parallel or all-at-once using the Start a Task Process?

All approved response, first approved response... @llyehock ,for you decide.

Garrett_1-1654757208284.png

3. Create a For-Each loop to act on the variable colResults

Get the first value from the variable colResults - "email1@a.com"

Insert this value into a Task Assign To field. 

Process the outcome. Done

If outcome is a REJECT, we could stop processing further approvals.

Get the second value... "email2@a.com"... Process in the loop

Get the last value... process and exit the loop

NOTE: There is more than one way for the loop portion. I merely suggested a single method. 

Hope this helps

llyehock
Scholar

Thank @Garrett @Garrett, may I ask where do I obtain the xml url to fill into the Query Xml

What do I put for the xpath value?

0 Kudos
MillaZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Garrett  and @llyehock 

There was a problem with the link in the Part 2 article. I have corrected it so you will be able to access it now to view Part 1:    https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-Workflow-Cloud/Part-1-Work-with-repeating-section-data-from-S...  

cc @JRoberts 

Garrett
Communicator

Hi @llyehock 

The XML Source is from the SPO 'multiple lines of Text' column which I named as  ApproverList.

Click Advance Lookup

Equals List Lookup

Source Current Item

Field ApproverList (SPO multiple lines of Text) (Ignore NFFormData in the image below)

Garrett_0-1654761147816.png

Hopes that helps. I appreciate a kudos too, haha

0 Kudos
llyehock
Scholar

I have created the multiline text as plain text in my list, however the repeating section data is not getting saved to my sharepoint custom list. When I re edited the item, my data in repeating section is gone ie it was not saved in the first place, wonder what I m missing here?

0 Kudos
Garrett
Communicator

@llyehock Did you connect the Repeating Section to the SPO List?

Garrett_0-1654769326082.png

SharePoint Column

Garrett_1-1654769572768.png

0 Kudos
JRoberts
Nintex How-To Center Expert
Nintex How-To Center Expert

Hi all,

Woops! My apologies for the broken link. I accidentally used the article's draft link instead of the published link there. I had both of those articles rolling at the same time during the edit and thought the links would carry over when published.  🙂 Thanks for catching it and thanks to @MillaZ for fixing. 

Jason

llyehock
Scholar

Yes, @Garry @ i did.

I realised that the xml get filled if i remove the xml field away from the form.

Wonder if this is a bug?

I am not able to show the nodes using the xpath button on the xml query when i reference the xml filed as input?

How do i give you kudos, as the kudos button is greyed out?

0 Kudos