Problem with parallel activity/slots

• 28 July 2011
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

I have an activity with a user destination as shown:

a dynamic group of users

and the originator.

I want either all the member of the group of users or the originator approve to pass to next activity.

How to make this?

thx

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

You will need to set the advanced destination rule to “All at once”, One Slot. One slot meaning all the destinations will receive the task, but as soon as one open the task that user takes up the slot and only he can action it.  

Refer to the following for more on advance dest rules.

http://help.k2.com/en/AdvancedDestinations_Whitepaper.aspx

HTH

Vernon

Badge +4

Check this file. You might get a solution here.

Badge +3

You will need to set the advanced destination rule to “All at once”, One Slot. One slot meaning all the destinations will receive the task, but as soon as one open the task that user takes up the slot and only he can action it.  

Refer to the following for more on advance dest rules.

http://help.k2.com/en/AdvancedDestinations_Whitepaper.aspx

HTH

Vernon

thank you for your replay.

if i do as you are saying, the activity will be executed if only one member of the group, loaded dynamically, open the task.

Or what i need is:

all the member of this group (they must all open the task and validate it)

OR

the originator

i read in the pdf you sent, but i didnt find my need.

thank you for your help

Badge +4

Create a role and configure it to your smartobject or group. So this role will always contain a set of people.

Now in the advanced destination rule check Specify the number of slots to be created as 1. This makes sure that slot will be taken either by originator or the role.

Now select create a slot for each role and group. This will create a seperate slot for each one in the role so that everyone in that role has to approve. In destination set add originator and then the role which you created. This should work for you or else some combination should work. Your solution should lie somewhere here itself.