Sharepoint task not created using k2 workflow integration with sharepoint

• 24 October 2008
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi

I am new to k2 black pearl, i am trying a tutorial which talks about creating sharepoint integration workflow.

Below are the steps i did 

1.created a workflow in visual studio using k2 workflow project

2. Build and deployed successfully.

3. Provided rights(admin) for the user mentioned in the workflow in K2 workspace, process rights.

4.when i tried to upload the document in the sharepoint no, task is getting created. when i tried to attach the workflow by myself using document library- workflow settings - add a workflow and select the workflow created using k2 it is giving the following error

There has been a problem retrieving the K2 process data. Please ensure that the account has rights to the K2 BlackPearl Workflow Item and that you are connecting to the BlackPearl server 

can you please help me with a solution

3 replies

Badge +1

I think you need to give permissions to the process you have deployed. Try this

a. Goto Workspace

b. Goto Manangement console ---> Workflows ----> Processes

c. Select your deployed process and add your user account and provide execute permissions to the user. Save information and you should be all set to start workflow.

Thanks

Shankar

Badge +1

HI

Process rights are provided for the user in management console in k2 workspace. even then the task is not getting created. when i saw the event log it is displaying

root element missing error.

SharePointIntegrationServices::SetDataFields], System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.RuntimeServices.Functions.SharePointServiceFunctions.SetDataFields(ProcessInstance procInst, String metadatadetail)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

Badge +1

Hi

I am getting the error when i login as administrator, but when i login in some other account task is getting created properly. Is it not possible to create task with admin account