How to disable attaching Attachments in List?

• 18 April 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

Hi all,

I have a list with attachment control and I have tried to add a rule to disable the attaching attachment feature, which allow the user to view/open the attachments.

201897_pastedImage_1.png

But it seems that the component will hide. All the attached attachments will disappear too.

201898_pastedImage_2.png

I would like to know how can I implement the behavior I needed?

7 replies

Badge +8

Hi Dorothy,

This could be achieved in 2 ways (could be multiple but just listing quick ones)

1) You could delete the attachment control in entirety if you don't want to use it. I am sure you would have considered this option, but from your exact question it wasnt clear.

2) you could add the attachment control in a panel . I.e add a panel and move your attachment control inside the panel. Add a rule to the Panel and make it disabled. I have just added a rule saying 1 != 2 it would always be true and the Panel will always be disabled.

201907_pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Shrini

Badge +3

Hi Shrini,

Thanks for your quick response. I would like to know after the attachments control disabled, those attached attachments are disappeared too. It is possible to make them available for read only?

Regards,

Dorothy

Badge +8

Hi Dorothy,

If you follow the approach 2, which I mentioned then the attachment will be visible (but would be disabled).

Have you placed your attachment control inside the panel and added the rule to the Panel?

On Chrome you should be able to view the attachment even if it is disabled

On IE you could right click on the attachment and click open.

Regards,

Shrini

Badge +3

Hi Shrini,

Finally, it is working. It is due to the browser cache.It cannot refresh the latest change. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Dorothy

Badge +8

Hi Dorothy,

no worries glad it helped.

Regards,

Shrini

Badge +2

Thanks for sharing where to open attachment file in IE with right click. This save my world!! Appreciate a lot~ ^-^

Badge

You can easily disable the attaching attachments in the list which may help you to find the solution to the problem. You can go through the Best VPN Routers which may help you to get rid of all the problems.