Setting Workspace Administrator rights?

• 15 November 2011
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I'm brand new to K2 and I

1. Installed K2 blackpearl
  2. Set all required Kerberos settings
  3. Log in to Workspace with Service account used to install K2 blackpearl (this account is also an adminitrator on the server)
  4. Go to Management > Expand Workspace FQN:5555 node > Workspace > Settings
  5. Get Error! Administrator rights required to access this page.

Where do I set/see Administrator rights? I thought the account with which I installed would have those rights by default. I've added the same account to the Security > Security > Workspace Permissions, however I don't see how to change the "level" of permissions from User to more.  Same with Security > Management > Management Console.

Thank you.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

I think the user that you are logged in with needs K2Server rights. Run IE as the K2 Service account (This account will have sufficient permissions) and give your user K2 Server Rights under the Workflow Server node.

HTH

Vernon

Badge +2

Thank you for your response Vernon.

I am logged in to Workspace with the exact same Service account used to install K2 blackpearl (this account is also an adminitrator on the server). I haven't even begun to attempt to give others access because I cannot seem to get this access correct.

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

What I meant is during the installation you specified a K2 Service account. This account must be used to add the other Admin account as a K2 Server Admin. What you can do to check what account is used for the K2 Service account is open Services and look for the K2 Blackpearl Service and check as which account it is set to login when the service is started.

Vernon

Badge +2

Thank you for the clarification Vernon. It is the same account.