K2 for Sharepoint not coming after installing K2 Blackpoint4.5 (V 1230) in SP2010 server

• 17 January 2011
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +6

We have installed K2 Blackpoint 4.5 (V 1230) in SP2010 Server. Installation was sucessfull with couple of warnings. But "K2 For SharePoint" is not coming in "Central Administration".

Any Help?

2 replies

Badge +10

Is this is single server environment that has both K2 blackpoint and SharePoint installed on the same server?  If there are specific error messages please let us know.

If so did you run through the "K2 for SharePoint Configuration" wizard which on your SharePoint server should be a link on the desktop.  This should then enable the K2 solutions including the K2 for SharePoint tab in Central administration.  If not make sure that you've run the K2 setup on the SharePoint Application server that hosts Central Admin and every other SharePoint Server as well.  Only after you've run through the installation on all the SharePoint servers then on the SharePoint Applicaiton server then run the "K2 for SharePoint Configuration" wizard.

Normally if the "K2 for SharePoint Configuration" wizard runs into problems deploying the solutions to your SharePoint Server (farm) then it'll let you know which solutions didn't deploy correctly (which might cause the K2 for SharePoint tab not to be displayed).    If that's the case then in SharePoint you can try to redeploy the solution or sometimes you need to retract it and then redeploy it.

I hope this helps.

Badge +1

I'm having a similar issue with SP2007.  After the initial welcome screen pops up in Sharepoint Central Administration(CA) a new tab is added lable "N/A". Then, if you hit next the solutions are scheduled to be deployed.  After pressing the next button the second time, the sharepoint loading screen appears for about 10 seconds and then error.  I checked that the solutions were deployed in CA and they were, however there is no K2 For Sharepoint Tab in CA, just the N/A tab.  It appears to me that the K2 For Sharepoint is not being correctly created in the CA, but the k2 solutions are being created in sharepoint as expected.  I tried uninstalling and reinstallling the sharepoint components but the problem still exist.