Manage Holidays Feature

• 23 February 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +8

Does anyone have a good thread on what the manage holidays feature does and how to incorporate it into a workflow? Do you use a pause so the workflow doesn't run on a designated holiday date? Thanks in advance!

Josh

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

On certain actions you have the option to check a box to have it run only on business days.  If you select this option, it will also exclude any holidays you have defined on the Manage Holidays page.  This also applies when you schedule a workflow as well.  Here are the actions I found where you have the business days check box.   

• Request Data Reminders
  • Task Reminders
  • Flexi Task Reminders
  • Assign To-Do Task Reminders
  • Complete Workflow Task
  • Delegate Workflow Task
  • Schedule Workflows
Badge +8

This is amazing news! Thank you! I have attempted to build workflows to identify holidays based off current date.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

What are you trying to accomplish?  There are quite a few limitations with the built in Holiday feature.  For example, if you wanted to calculate a due date and exclude holidays, the manage holidays feature won't help. 

Badge +8

While calculating due dates would be a bonus, I am just trying to pause a site workflow (identifying past due dates) from running on holidays. I have workflows that kick due dates out 1 or 2 days depending on if its a Saturday or Sunday. So my next challenge will be how do I do this if Monday is a holiday and I have to advance 1 more day.

Badge

Hi Everyone, 

I would be grateful if the below can be answered for me

I have to design a workflow in which if the approval task is pending for more than 3 days, it should be auto approved. For this I need to define the working days for my organization plus the holidays. 

I know how to define the holidays for the site collection, but how can I define the business days [I am working in Middle East and weekends are Fridays and Saturdays].

Any help will be appreciated