Extract ItemIDs from LookupControl (multiple select)

• 20 February 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I have a List Lookup control in my nintex form with multiple select option. When the items are selected I only want to get the IDs portion of the result (14;#Value1;#15;#Value 2......) and save them in a collection variable in Nintex Workflow to proeceed. I think I can do that with a regulare expression. Everything I already tried unfortunately failed. Now I'm looking for a regEx Expert ;-)

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

for this specific task you do not need regular expression.

some actions, eg. set variable support to define 'return type', where one of the options for multivalue lookups is to return comma separated list of IDs

121i354E2FF10EC1C8B8.jpg

Badge +2
Hi emha, thank you for your answer; maybe I Need to explain more Details of my issue:
I have a List (List A) where I want to set a Status column in one step for several items. So I created a workflow with a start form. This start form contains a lookup column with multiple select Option. This values are saved in a variable in my nintex forms. Now I Need to get These values (only Ids) to proceed in my workflow to set the status
Userlevel 5
Badge +14

connect lookup control to a workflow variable instead of form one.

then you will be able to parse out IDs from workflow variable the same way as shown above.

Badge +2
thank you for your tip! My thought was a bit to complicated. But now it works fine. First I put the value from my lookup column to a text variable and then with a splitting regEx ([0-9]+ in a collection variable.