Multiple recipients with Nintex workflow and Twilio

• 18 September 2017
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +1

I'm in the process of trying to get Twilio to work for alerts from a SharePoint list. 

My requirements:

1) send a text message to predefined group based on a check box on the list form

2) send immediately to all recipients 

3) have it be easy to maintain the list of recipients

Using Twilio, I have created a web request inside my workflow. Near as I can tell I need a separate web request for each recipients number. This is not ideal. 

I really need a way to send to 1 number from Nintex workflow leveraging Twilio and that in turn forwarding the message to the group of recipients. I have not been able to find a service or way to do this. 

I have seen a C# approach to this using Twilio's copilot, but I'm unsure where I'd even use this code inside a Nintex workflow, if it's even possible. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

1 reply

Badge +11

Hi Van Hornsby‌,

there is no way to directly use c# inside your nintex workflow. If you need to use c# code you would either have to provide your own custom nintex action or write a custom web service which can be called from nintex workflow ("Call Web Service" action).

In this case the "Web Request" action may serve your needs as it can be used to do a REST call. Twilio is offering a REST api.

Cheers

Philipp