Capturing date and time when an action executed

• 16 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi All,

I am trying to capturing the date and time of an action when it was executed and through another workflow. I am creating a workflow which will create workflow history table for an item, for all the workflows run on that item. I was able to capture all the data, dates and time. But I am stuck at one place. When I tried to capture date of that part I can't do that, and that information is also not present in the metadata, but when I check the version history, the date and time is there.  

Is there any way that I can use to do this.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

2 replies

Badge +1

So you have a workflow that runs on a workflow task list to track all the workflows that occur on a specific item, correct? 

What actions are you trying to capture? Tasks? Notifications? 

Yes, we had the workflows which are already using build string to capture the workflow history but they don't work correctly, and break the WF History table. So, we are creating new workflow that can build History table.

I want to capture the time when an update action occurred. There are the fields which are getting updated but not the time when that field is getting updated.

When I check the version History there it shows the date & time of the action executed.

Now I am not understanding how to get a date from version History.

Please let me know, if there is any solution to this.

Thankyou for your help