Image column ignored while creating a smart object from a SQL table using smartobject service tester

Badge +3

Hi

I was trying to create a smart object using smart object service tester. One of the columns of the SQL table that I was using to create smart objects, contained images. When the smartobject was published, the image column was ignored in the newly created smart object. Has anyone had this issue before? Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Sami

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Sami,

What was the colum type in your SQL table? Please ensure that is not one of the unsupported types listed here: http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/4.6.11/webframe.html#ws_sql_01.html

Also, K2 stores images/files in a propreitary format that is an XML struture. On the SQL side all you would need is a varchar(max) field to store the image. This is assuming that table is for K2's exclusive use as the format wouldn't be compatible with other systems that might be expecting a binary format for the column.

S.

Badge +3

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your response. I was using an unsupported file format which was causing the issue. Once the smartobject was created using the accepted file format, I edited the properties of the smartobject and changed the type to 'image' which solved my problem. Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Sami