Populate a list with repeating section information

• 18 April 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Good afternoon,

@vadim_tabakman or anyone who has the knowledge to helpl, I'm trying to populate a list with repeating section information in a SharePoint On Premise 2013 list. I'm following this 2012 post http://www.vadimtabakman.com/nintex-formsworkflow-parsing-repeating-section-data.aspx but I keep getting this error (picture below).

I'm guessing it has something to do with the UDA I built but I'm not entirely sure...I'm not sure if this is still the best way to put repeating information in a list.

I have attached my Nintex form, the UDA and the workflow for inspection. I appreciate any help in advance ~ Andrew

1576i0C5E5CF7E578454C.png

1 reply

Badge +17

I haven't had a chance to take a look at your attachments, but here is a good starting point.

1. Make sure the form repeating section is bound to a multi-text field (plain text)
  2. Submit data and be sure you see the XML data show up in that field
  3. In the workflow, use the query XML field to extract the data from that field
  4. To test it out and find the correct paths, use an online XML editor to get the paths needed
  5. Try and output the paths in the XML to a variable and post that variable to the history to view the data.

Repeat that and you should be able to see where things are or are not working as they should.