Automatically Update List Data

• 11 March 2021
  • 7 replies

I have created three list.

List one and two has data updated being manually.

I need the data at list 3 to be automatically updated by sourcing data from list one and two.

list 3 is the combination of data from of list one and two.

since the data source are different it’s a hassle 

List one and two data are entered monthly wise by user.

Could anyone guide with steps as such how to do this.

7 replies

Badge +7

@Advertiserst 

You can accomplish this with query list and update item actions.  You could either create a list workflow on either list 1or list 2 that runs when the user updates the item, or you could create a scheduled site workflow that will run on list 3.  But either way, you would query the related items in lists 1 and 2 and update the related item in List 3.  You just need to make sure that you have a way to identify the correct items in all the lists.

Beyond this, not knowing how you have your lists designed, I can't give any more details about how to design the workflow.  If you want more information, please share your list configurations and related fields, what needs to be updated, what is the link between the 3 lists, etc.

Hello I have attached the list pictures.

the one with two images are the master data to be updated from quality management summary and productivity report.

please assist me 

I have trouble in attaching files can you share your email
Badge +7

If I post my email here it is on public display for the world.  Below every post, there is a drag and drop files here window.  This works very well.  Check that you are not exceeding the 5MB limitation. 

Apologies 

I have attached it now 

Badge +7

Sorry, not what I was after.  Please screenshot your list settings columns section for each of these lists, so I can see all the fields and their data types.  Example attached.

Also, please explain:

How do items get created in these 3 lists?

Which one does your user populate, and with what data?

What is the common property, or combination of properties for tying records between the 3 tables.  IE. staff name, or combination of staff name + month, etc.  (maybe you can highlight these in your screenshots).

I agree that direct interface via email or phone would be simpler, but I cannot find any way to initiate a private contact through this forum, or through user profiles.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

To best resolve this can we have a chat on advertiserst@gmail.com