Call a Process from another K2 project in IPC event

• 10 October 2012
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Heres the situation:

I have a legacy process that is in another K2 project already deployed on the server. I want to call this process within my new K2 project workflows as an IPC. No cando, the only way I see this as possible is to redeploy the process using the create smart object methods for it which I do not want to do.

What I want to do is just use server code event and launch it because it's easier and I do not need to call it as synchronous, ust fire and forget but I cannot find anyhting in the API that will let me do that without adding the WorkflowClient.DLL into the project which I also do not want to do.

Am I missing an easy API way to create a workflow process from within a server event without adding any workflow smart objects or adding client dlls?

Thanks

2 replies

Badge +9

You should be able to get this done with the standard IPC
Event by following the next set of steps:

- Add the legacy process to the current project contain
the workflow that needs to start the legacy workflow. This is only required for
design time so go ahead and mark the legacy process to be excluded so that it
does not get deployed

- Add an IPC event to your workflow, on the 1st
config screen you need to specify the workflow, so instead of using the browse
option type the actual name of the workflow e.g. Project NameLegacy Process

- Click next

- At this point you will be asked to specify the
process for design time values, select the legacy process that you have added
in the 1st step

- Complete the configuration and deploy the
workflow

Let me know if you have any questions.

Badge +4

I'm not able to define design time values for child proces in K2 Studio (if process is deplyoed in other Project) , while Process can't be found in "Enter IPC Design Time Values". I entered same "folder" than in specify trhe proces to be called.

In K2 Designer this is working.

Could me anyone please help defining IPC call in Studio for workflow located in other project?