Multiple approvers - need reply from all

• 22 February 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

Hi there, I'm new to Nintex and have a situation that I can't figure out.

I have multiple approvers (3 at a time) to review and approve/reject a document.  However, I need to get a response from all 3 before the task completes.  If the first or second approver rejects the document, it completes the task and the others cannot approve or reject.  These are documents sent back to a supplier for revision and I need all comments and potential issues from everyone before we send back for revision.  Otherwise we end up going back multiple times if everyone does not have a chance to comment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

8 replies

Badge +16

Hi sandy!

you need to look at the behaviour section on the flexi task.

If you click the blue question mark on the flexi task configuration you will see the detailed explanation for these options.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi

So in your situation, what do you want the outcome to be?

Let's say that...

• your Mechanical Lead approves (with comments)
  • your Project Manager rejects (with comments)
  • your Engineering Manager approves (with no comments).

Should this go down the APPROVE path, or the REJECT path?

Or, should it always go down the same path? If that's the case, you'll probably want to choose "Majority Decides" and just have the same outcome in both the Approve and Reject paths.

You have a specific situation where you might need something other than flexi-task .. I may have more time to look at this tonight! I used to work in a similar doc control process so I'm intrigued by your question and how it might be handled.

Cheers!

Rhia

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Sandy,

Check out my summary of the Flexi Task behaviour here.  Hopefully that leads you in the correct direction.

Cheers,

Chris

Badge +1

Hi Rhia,

Yes, you are on the right path.  In the case you presented the document would be rejected and sent back to the supplier for revision.  So if any approver rejects, the final decision is rejected - but again, I need everyone to have an opportunity to review the document and provide comments.  

This currently works in  the workflow I wrote in SharePoint Designer 2010, but we are migrating to SharePoint 2013 and my company wants all the workflows written in Nintex.  

I have a feeling this may not be an option in Nintex, but I'll wait to see if anyone else has had similar issues.

I read the options available in Flexi Task, but I'll re-read just in case I missed something.

Thanks all!

Sandy

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Oh it's 100% something you can do in Nintex - just maybe that the Flexi-Task isn't the right one for you!

You may instead want to use "Request Review" - you can write your own outcome or do with it as you please. It will just gather the reviews, and then report them to you.

Note that I ticked "create individual tasks" at the top. I've also selected "all must review". Here, you can also set up your own Task Content Type - so you could have like "Approve With Comments, Reject With Comments" and a Comments field as well.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi

Did any of these responses help you out? If so please mark as correct! And if not, let us know so we can help further.

Cheers!

rhia

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Still one of the best posts of all time. happy.png

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Awww shucks! happy.png