Archive list

• 25 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

Understand there's a threshold limit of ~25K for the list items that can be added to SharePoint list and my solution will have more than 25K entry per quarter. Thus I need to do some archiving to the list. 

I was thinking to archive a list based on status to another list. Created a site workflow to copy the items to new list but it only copied the data not the entire nintex forms. I need to have exactly like the original list. 

Can anyone help on how can I perform this or any idea on what's the best way to do archiving for SP list?

Appreciate you advice. Thanks. 

2 replies

Badge +5

@bella28 You can manage large lists in SharePoint by applying the below solutions:

Solution #1: Index Columns Used as View Filters.

1. Filter all views so that they cannot return more than the threshold limit (such as [Created] is greater than or equal to [Today]-120 to only return the last four months of data)

2. Index all columns used in list view filters ([Created], [Department], [Location], [Agent], etc.) You can index up to 20 columns.

1. Go to List Settings

2. Under “Columns” select “Indexed Columns”

3. Click “Create a new index”

4. Change primary column to the column on which you’re filtering and click Create

Solution #2: Increase the Threshold

Please know that thresholds exist for a reason, however, and from a scalability viewpoint this may not be the best action to take as it can affect performance.

Is there anyway to create workflow that can be created to auto-archive?