1 collection of 4 (each 2 items) causes type "Index property > number of items in collection" issue

• 4 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello there,

I have an issue with a workflow using 4 collections. The collection that stores the emailaddresses causes the error message mentioned above as soon as the number of items in the emailaddr-collection is bigger than 1.  The log below shows, from my point of view,  a sample of a workflow with the item property 2 (varPosition 0 and 1) and 4 collections each with 2 items.

The first 3 collections are processed but the fourth collection with the 2 email addresses causes an abort of the workflow due the "item property is greater than the number of items in the collections" issue. What I see is that the item property equals the number of items in each collection. Are there any ideas what the root cause could be. The workflow has run with this set-up for one year. It was copied / pasted an adapted to other lists with an extended number of fields without having an impact on this workflow which sents mails out to customers.

24960i1226E6D53BD593A7.png

Thanks a lot for your support.

Cheers, Berni

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Zaphod99 

You are certain that variable "varErstelltvon" has 2 items.

Try this! Add 3 "Get Item from Collection". Configure as follows

Target collection: "varErstelltvon"

Index: 0

Output: varValue (You can define the Output variable)

Log varValue

Index: 1

Log varValue

Index: 2

Log varValue

At which index does it fail?