Solved

Salesforce - Excel document template start range not the default

I have a DDP setup (and have worked with Nintex/Drawloop for Salesforce for about 2 years) and I'm using an Excel doc for the first time to pull in information from a pre-existing Salesforce report.

My problem is that while I am able to get the data from the report to print to a sheet (Sheet1), it starts in cell A1.  I want to put some header information above it.  Basically, I want to start the table listing around cell A8 or so.  

I've read several pieces of documentation and haven't been able to figure out the right syntax for Sheet & Range combinations.  I have only seen that you can give a sheet name and not a range in Excel.  Can someone confirm if this can be done?

icon

Best answer by DocFather_Ray 7 May 2019, 15:52

View original

2 replies

@aspeMike 

Currently Salesforce reports can only be assigned to an excel sheet with Nintex DocGen. You cannot take report columns and assign them to specific cells in an excel sheet. 

However, you can setup a custom query or 'relationship' in DocGen that is essentially a replica of your report and then map the results to specific cells in your workbook. Below is some documentation on relationships that may help.

Relationships

SOQL Relationship

MS Excel Mapping

Best,

Thank you!  I'll try that!