Nintex for SharePoint Subscription Edition Support

• 13 November 2022
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Many Nintex customers have been asking about Nintex for SharePoint Subscription Edition (SPSE). Nintex is pleased to announce that support for SPSE is now available. Please reply to this post and we will look to answer additional questions. 

FAQ

Q:Will both Nintex Workflow and Nintex Forms be supported in SPSE?

A:Yes, both will be fully supported.

Q:Will all the existing functionalities / features in Nintex Workflow and Forms be available in Nintex for SPSE?

A:Yes, all existing features will be available and there are no additional features or deprecation of existing features in Nintex for SPSE.

Q:What workflow engine will Nintex Workflow for SPSE be using?

A:It will still be using the SharePoint 2010 workflow engine. While SharePoint 2010 workflow engine is deprecated, this only means there is no longer active development, and it will still be supported by Microsoft. For more details on SharePoint 2010 workflow support, please refer here.

We will evaluate and advice future options for Nintex customers in advance of eventual SharePoint 2010 workflow end of support by Microsoft.

Q:Will we be able to migrate from the previous version of SharePoint?

A:Yes, the migration experience will be the same as previous migrations as outlined here.

Q:Should I migrate to Nintex for SharePoint to SharePoint SPSE or Nintex Automation Cloud?

A:If you are looking to remain on premises. I.e., upgrading to SharePoint Subscription Edition, upgrading to Nintex for SharePoint Subscription Edition (SPSE) is the best path.

If you are actively migrating or have plans to migrate your SharePoint On Premises to SharePoint Online, we have migration tooling that can help move your workflows to the Nintex Automation Cloud.

Update on Release

Support for SharePoint Subscription Edition was released on the 28th February, release notes can be found here.

* The information in this article is not a commitment, promise or other obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality. This content is subject to change, without prior notice, at the sole discretion of Nintex.

Last Reviewed: Feb 2023

12 replies

Badge +2

Any news for the release date?

A:No, we will be looking at making the release available to all customers as soon as it is ready.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

We’re still on track for this quarter (Q1CY23). Our current timelines estimate an end of February 2023 release. Note that this is an estimation and not a commitment, promise or other obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality.

Badge

We’re still on track for this quarter (Q1CY23). Our current timelines estimate an end of February 2023 release. Note that this is an estimation and not a commitment, promise or other obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality.

Just wondering what the latest status is on this release?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@lseidel We are still on track for the end of February and will look to update this post in the next week or so with the exact date.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Nintex for Sharepoint Subscription Edition is now available.  For more details see the supporting blog or release notes.  

Badge

Microsoft: “SharePoint 2010 workflows are deprecated but will remain supported for the SharePoint Server Subscription Edition release until July 14, 2026. After that date, SharePoint 2010 workflows will no longer be supported.”

WHAT WILL THIS MEAN FOR NINTEX WORKFLOWS ??? Will there be a “transition/migration to SharePoint 2013 workflows” option in Nintex? Or do we all have to leave the platform by July, 14th 2026?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@maro it’s already possible to migrate actually. If you want to migrate your workflows from the 2010 worflow engine, you should switch to Nintex Automation Cloud. You can find more information here : Upgrade from Nintex for SharePoint to Automation Cloud

Badge

@allan Thank you for your response. But I was talking about SharePoint on-premise, not online. So Automation Cloud is currently no option for us. Though we actually use SP Online as well, our workflows all run on SP 2019 on-premise using Nintex WF and Forms. 

FAQ above says: “both [WF & Forms ] will be fully supported.[in SPSE]” and (important for us) “If you are looking to remain on premises. I.e., upgrading to SharePoint Subscription Edition, upgrading to Nintex for SharePoint Subscription Edition (SPSE) is the best path.”

With the new MS statement that the 2010 WF Engine basically will die on July,14th 2026 I doubt that the FAQ statements are still viable options. Especially, because telling us “We will evaluate and advice future options for Nintex customers in advance of eventual SharePoint 2010 workflow end of support by Microsoft.”. Well, being a Nintex Customer since MOSS 2007, I haven’t heard anything from Nintex  directly about that. Just found out by chance. Hence my conclusions are: Either Nintex got caught by suprise by the MS statement (I don’t believe that) or they don’t care because they prefer the customers  to migrate to the Automation Cloud instead of investing into on-premise. Not happy with that ...

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@maro I was also talking about Nintex for on-premise ;) 

Indeed, for SharePoint On-Premise, Nintex is called “Nintex for SharePoint”. For SharePoint Online, it’s called “Nintex for Office 365”. The link I provided is the thing you’re looking for. The only caveat is that to migrate to NAC, you must first migrate your on-premise workflows to workflows for Office 365 before upgrading to NAC, according to the documentation.

Their goal is mostly NAC, yes. If you have a look at the release notes, you’ll see that the last releases only resolved bugs and security issues Nintex for SharePoint 2019 release notes. I don’t think we’ll see new features for Nintex for SharePoint.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@maro At this stage, there has been no announcement from Microsoft regarding whether they will be removing the engine or just stopping support. We have no plans to discontinue support for Nintex for SharePoint products at this stage. However, we are evaluating multiple migration paths and do understand that cloud migration isn't feasible for all customers. We will strive to provide clarity as soon as possible. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Badge

@leighburke Thank you for your response. Hopefully, there will still be a future for Nintex on prem beyond 2026. As we have SA & PS I assume that Nintex will notify their PS customers as soon as possible, once a roadmap (concerning SPSE & Nintex) & (potentially) a migration path is available, right?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@maro Correct we will provide more detail as soon as we are able. If you are interested I would love to chat to you about your On Prem requirements. Just let me know if you would be interested.