Multi-Line text changing from normal text to bolded text

• 25 September 2019
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

4670i3E42125E4384BC78.png

4668i2155D817DB0B685D.png

Hello, I am trying to figure out why my text that is previewing at the correct font is size is getting bolded once the viewing outside the nintex form window as shown in the screenshots attached. Please help, new to Nintex and trying to learn the ins and outs.

8 replies

Badge +12

@ADizzle_001 .....are you putting "Brief description sum........" in a description of a column in column settings? If so then remove it from there and below your single line text put a label and insert the text there....you can also change the color, font, font size, etc. with it.

Badge +2

4779iDFE18EBBD2212D69.png

Thanks for the response! The text that I placed is indeed a label and it still appears as bold when it should be regular text. These are the settings of my label and you can see how the text is supposed to appear to the right of the settings box. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Badge +12

@ADizzle_001 ....use the "Bold" option from the label's ribbon on the top.

4780iA77130E67BB02C96.jpg

It's working for me...

4781iA55136359C29553F.jpg

Badge +2

Hello,

The issue is that the text I want to NOT be bold is showing up as bold once the form has been published.

In the editting of the form, the text is not bold. In the previewing of the form, the text is not bold. In the published, live version of the form, the text IS bold.

Badge +12

@ADizzle_001 .....When you type the text in label....a ribbon will showup on the top. Select the text you want as bold and save it....also make sure in label control's ribbon, it's NOT bold. It's working for me.4866i06C75A6858BBCB37.jpg

Badge +2

I appreciate your patience with this. Maybe I need to summarize what I am looking for. I have made a form that I want ALL the text to be normal (NOT bold). When I created the form, I placed labels underneath input boxes to help guide the user of the form. I have triple checked the label settings and I do not see any ribbons showing the text for these labels as bold.

In the editting and preview sections of the form, the form is showing exactly as I want it to. No bold text. Once I publish the form and I go to test it, the text is showing up as bold for the user which is different than how it is showing in the edit and preview modes of the same exact form. Maybe this is a font issue, maybe its an internal business sharepoint setting issue. I attached a bunch of screenshots:

1) Nintex Form Desktop Layout - What I want to see

2) Label with Ribbon - No Bold Selected

3) Label Control Settings - No Bold Selected

4) Preview of Nintex Form - Exactly what I want to see

5) What the User See's when they Start the Nintex Form

Again, I appreciate your patience with this.

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
I noticed on your screen shot that you have made the form background white. Have you made any other changes? have you added any custom CSS?
I also notice that the default Title Label is also Bold which leads me to beleive that this may be a CSS issue.
Badge +2

4904i389E09CDB5706D6E.png4905i29895464F99F287D.png

So I started messing with different controls and I found a solution that will work: I changed my labels to rich text boxes and then I had to change the border width (pixels) setting from default 2 to 0. Not sure if this was the correct solution to my problem but seeing as it might have been CSS related, changing this worked. Thanks for everyones help.