I am looking at option to send document to a repository in different site collection (Record Center). Till now I've found nothing that seems useful. The action O365 Send document to Repository only works within the scope of a site (as mentioned in their documentation). So I am wondering if this is even possible at the moment.
I am aware that one option is to use Information Management policy but I am looking if there's any option using NWF. I doubt there is but hope to be proved wrong.
P.S. I am not looking at any copy/upload workarounds. Would rather use IM policies.
Hi Sandeep Nakarmi,
You can send a document from one site collection to another using "Send to Connection".
Please find the steps below.
1. Create a team site called “Team Site” in one site collection.
2. Create a record center site called “Records” in another site collection.
3. Activate “Content Organizer Rule” in both site collections.
4. After that in "Team Site" from Admin section, Create a “Send to Connection” (ex: "To Record Center") to “Records” site by giving content organizer web service url. Please see the link how to Configure Send To connections for records management - SharePoint
5. Once you configured send to connection, from “Team Site” library select a document that you want to move to record center and from ribbon select "To Record Center". By default it will move to Drop Off library in record center.
6. If you want move to a particular document/record library then set a content organizer rule in "Records" site to move from drop off library to required document/record library.
So here in this case you need two rules.
Rule1 will move submitted documents from “Team Site” to “Records”.
Rule2 will move submitted documents from “Drop Off Library” to “DocumentLibrary1” in “Records”.
Thanks for your response and I am aware of OOTB solution that you have pointed which is what I illuded to using Information Management policies to transfer document (in bulk) to Record Center.
My question is regarding O365 Nintex Workflow capability. Does it have any action to achieve the same? There is one action called O365 Send document to repository but that only works within the scope of a site. I am looking for corss site (site collection) send capability.
Hi Sandeep Nakarmi,
What about a combination of the following 2 actions:
There is no one single action to accomplish what you want.
The reason I am not too inclined in this approach is it is not a one off thing. It is meant to move documents and has to be done in a workflow. There might be hundreds of documents and to download/upload and then to make sure metatadata is preserved is too much of a task and don't think it is sustainable and efficient. Also, content organizer might not like this approach as documents are meant to be routed as well.
Perhaps, Nintex does not have such action yet. I see there's a user voice created Send document to repository should be able to work cross site – Customer Feedback for Nintex in 2015. So will have to resort to using Information management policies.
As #Lakshmi mentioned , using content organizer rules should work for your scenario, as far as you are using OOTB. meanwhile you can also check in this Send document to repository nintex workflow action.
Bashya Rajan A
The link you have posted is not for Nintex Workflow O365. It looks like it is for On Premise.
If you look at my details in question I've stated the issue with equivalent action in O365.
In this action Office 365 send document to repository , there is an option to set the Destination site URL , did you try giving the other site URL ? Please check this.
It does not work. If you read description of the action (in the link you posted) you will know why (hint: same site). I've already mentioned that in my post description.