cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raviteja_singam
Nintex Newbie

Item does not exist error with start workflow action

Hello all,

I am using Site workflow and trying to start a list workflow on an item if the "Next review date" is equal to today. I was able to query the list items and got the collection of item ids. So now i used for loop and used "start workflow" action to run the list workflow on the item id's. I tried with GUID as well.

But i am getting the error "Item does not exit. It may be deleted by another user". Does anyone faced this issue. Please let me know if there is any resolution.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
praios81
Nintex Newbie

Re: Item does not exist error with start workflow action

Hi!

Hmm, your process looks pretty straightforward. Could you provide a screenshot of your workflow and specifically of your start workflow action?

Best regards

Enrico

0 Kudos
raviteja_singam
Nintex Newbie

Hi Enrico,

Thanks for your reply. Please find the below screen shots.

Workflow process

Start workflow action : variable txtID is the ID column value i am getting from query list.

0 Kudos
praios81
Nintex Newbie

Hm, it make sense this way.

What happens if you give the action a static ID from which you know it exists and provide an administrative credential for workflow start? Does it start as expected?

One thing I can think of that the workflow is running for a user that doesn't have permission to see the list item. Do you work with custom permissions on the list items for which workflows need to be started?

Best regards

Enrico

0 Kudos
raviteja_singam
Nintex Newbie

After making changes to List workflow "start manually" enalbed, the issue is resolved. Thanks !!