Solved

Include Attachment in 'Salesforce create record' action?

• 16 February 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

I'm using the 'Salesforce create record' action to copy Accident data from SharePoint into a new 'Accident' custom object in my client's Salesforce org. Prior to this action, I'm also using the Document Generation action to generate a PDF. 

I would like for this PDF to attached to the record that I create, but I don't see how this is possible. 

Am I over looking something or is it indeed just not possible?

icon

Best answer by Chris_Ben 23 February 2017, 07:33

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi there:

This document - https://community.nintex.com/community/document_generation/blog/2017/01/09/store-your-generated-documents-in-salesforce-files - looks like it might help you out. Let me know if it does!

Rhia

Badge +4

Thanks Rhia,

Unfortunately, putting aside the additional cost, I don't think Drawloop addresses my situation. My client is using Nintex Office 365 Workflow, and has licensed both the Salesforce connector and the Document Generation workflow action. Unless I'm overlooking something, I don't think Drawloop allows me to take a document from SharePoint and attach it to an object in Salesforce. If I'm wrong on that, please point me to the documentation, and I'll mark your answer as correct.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

It seems to only be supported in Drawloop, I'm sorry.

I found another help document and got excited ... but then it was also drawloop, boo.

Apparently you can attach a document to Salesforce Chatter, but I don't think that's what you want...

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi William, I've encountered the same thing. I have stored the pdf in a document library in SharePoint and then updated the Salesforce record with the URL to that document.  Not ideal but it works.  If you find a more elegant solution, I'd love to hear!!

Badge +4

Not a bad idea. Thanks Chris.