cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to format a field to currency with $, thousand separator, and number of decimals?

This is a simple thing to do with other workflow products, but I can't seem to find how to do this with Nintex   

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: How to format a field to currency with $, thousand separator, and number of decimals?

Teddy, Please expand on your question just a little bit so I can better understand where you need to display a currency value. You mention through a workflow product, so I wasn't able to determine when you were using the value.

For list display or form display, if you use a SharePoint field of type Currency, then the decimal, separator, and symbol will be added automatically in the formatting.

When type currency is selected you will see the below options.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: How to format a field to currency with $, thousand separator, and number of decimals?

Let us know if you need any further information

0 Kudos
Not applicable

This isn't working on my form.  I have currency fields and in the Nintex form, the currency symbol and the comma separation is not occurring.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Chris, Are you able to make this work? I have the same problem.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Are you talking about on the Edit form? While a field is editing the formatting is not applied.

In the display mode, you should see the formatting.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

This is interesting because i'm not seeing it even in Display View mode.

Currency check.PNG

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Can you test this in O365? Did you change any default settings of your Money field?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Sal,

I received a response from Nintex that the currency symbol will not appear until the form is saved.  I think this is a bit ridiculous, but it's one of the limitations that until it is saved it will not appear.  On edit, it will appear just as numeric values, the formatting shows after it's submitted.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi, see the Andrew Beals response below. I don't see it working even after save publish item on O365 app. may be working in on premise versions only.

Thanks

-Sal

0 Kudos