cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create Document set from list item using Nintex Workflow in Office 365

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Is it possible to create a document set from list item using Nintex Workflow? For Example, When a list item is created in the list library and it also creates the corresponding document set for that list item.

I have found there is workflow action 'Office 365 Create List Item or Document Set' but not sure how it can be used for above purpose.

Has anyone come across this requirements or let me know the steps how it can be achieved.

Thank you.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Create Document set from list item using Nintex Workflow in Office 365

Jump to solution

Badal -

There is a section specific for dealing with content types.  My guess is that you are stuck on the Fields section.  You need to configure two fields:

• one named "Content Type" with a type of "ContentTypeId" and a value with the name of the content type that you wish to create.
  • one named "Name" of type "File" with a value that you want to name the new document set.

Of course, make sure the content type you specify has been added to the document library.  Here is an example:

Also, check out the help for the 'Office 365 Create List Item or Document Set' action from here: http://help.nintex.com/en-US/O365/Default.htm#cshid=NLD76FE51623F94AEC9F44F0B3A5AD2F60

Here is the relevant portion of the help for this action.

Workflow Hero

Re: Create Document set from list item using Nintex Workflow in Office 365

Jump to solution

I am doing this in 2 separate business solutions, one creates document sets in a single document library, and another one creates a document set in a separate document library (pre-provisioned) in a subsite.  Works like a charm.

0 Kudos